General Manager SouthEastAsia
- With over 15 million players engaged across the globe, Playbasis is the world’s leading customer engagement & gamified rewards startup company. Large financial and telecom operators use the Playbasis platform to integrate the most fun & rewarding elements of free-to-play games into their customer experience and loyalty rewards strategies. As a B2B2C company, Playbasis is well-positioned to help out clients accelerate their digital transformation and to capitalize on the key growth trends of FinTech, gaming, and virtual currencies.
- Playbasis is a privately-held technology company founded in 2012, headquartered in Bangkok, Thailand and incorporated in Singapore. The company has raised US$2,600,000 in venture capital from leading institutional investors, and counts global brands such as Unilever, Telenor, DBS Bank, and Visa as customers & partners. In 2018 Playbasis achieved profitability from operations and is on track to grow revenues 300% for the fourth consecutive year
- We are seeking a General Manager to join our management team and lead our regional business development and market expansion activities across Southeast Asia(Thailand, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Philippines, and Vietnam).
- The ideal candidate would leverage 8-10 years domain expertise from the financial services, loyalty rewards, and/or ecommerce industry to help Playbasis design and implement effective gamification programs that align incentives and create win-win outcomes for both our enterprise clients and their end-users.
- In the immediate term, the regional GM will begin work to deepen our relationship with our anchor customers by exploring areas for further collaboration on high-impact initiatives which create compounding value for our customers and align with our platform roadmap.
- In the medium term, the regional GM will leverage her/his exceptional collaboration and relationship-building skills to identify, cultivate and manage a pipeline of opportunities to pitch C-level executives at Global 2000 firms across Southeast Asia.
- In the long term, the regional GM will become an expert at leveraging the Playbasis Platform to design profitable long-term unit economics and operate large-scale gamified incentive programs for major m-commerce & digital banking clients.
- The general manager will be a respected public representative of Playbasis who will help solidify the company’s leadership position in the categories of gamification and mobile user engagement within the ecosystem. The GM’s fluency in commercial contracts, negotiation, pipeline management, and forecasting will be key in ensuring the company exceeds revenue and funding targets.
- Successful candidates will have at least eight years of internationalsales/business development experience, with proven success in client management and consultative selling to large, Global 2000 enterprises. As this role comes with P&L responsibility, it is important that the GM have finance, accounting, and general business administration skills. In startups, speed wins so we are only looking for team players who are very fast learners and have the ability to execute at a high level with limited resources.
- Bilingual fluency in one or more regional languageis a must. Travel is a must. MBA or graduate degree preferred.
- Competitive salary + equity options commensurate with experience.