Software Engineer – Backend
- Playbasis makes the world a more engaging and rewarding place. With the Playbasis platform, companies can build more compelling digital experiences by integrating game mechanics and feedback mechanisms such as points, badges, leaderboards, challenges, quizzes, notifications, and rewards directly into their software applications. We are a rapidly emerging leader in a multibillion dollar market that intersects digital marketing, cloud technology, big data, artificial intelligence, gamification, analytics, and automation technology.
- Our platform has more than 1.5M registered players, and processes 10M API requests per month. Nearly 2,000 companies have signed up and created accounts with Playbasis. Some of Asia’s largest enterprises such as TMB Bank, True Corporation, StarHub Limited, Central Food Group, and Sansiri PLC rely on Playbasis to power their engagement strategies.
- Founded in 2012, Playbasis is privately-held with offices in Singapore and Bangkok. The company has raised over $770,000 USD from leading venture investors such as 500 Startups, Cherubic Ventures, Ardent Capital, Axis Capital Partners.
- You will design, implement, test, and maintain backend components: application, data, infrastructure, analytics, and deployment
- You will solve complex scalability, platform, and integration problems in a practical and elegant way.
- You will design and build systems with automated instrumentation, monitoring, and test coverage.
- You will support, maintain, and document software functionality.
- You will consistently improve the reliability, efficiency, maintainability and stability of the codebase.
- You will collaborate with product managers, developers, and designers to define, refine, prioritize and ship new features.
- You will learn new paradigms, languages, and libraries as you work.
- You should be ready to jump in to a rapidly scaling startup environment.
- 4+ years of experience working within software development teams as an engineer, developer, or programmer.
- Demonstrable history of creating and maintaining web applications and RESTful web services in a production environment.
- Experience developing applications using any combination of NodeJS, Python, PHP, Ruby, Erlang, MySQL, MongoDB.
- Experience with PHP frameworks such as CodeIgniter and Laravel.
- Experience with Git and Github.
- Have a can-do, get-it-done attitude with ambition and the ability to scale.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with NodeJS frameworks such as Express and Socket.io
Ability to install and tune OS, systems, and applications such as Linux, Nginx, Apache, NodeJS, and databases.
- Experience with Amazon Web Services or similar cloud infrastructure.
- Experience with infrastructure and deployment automation technologies such as Shell, Chef, Puppet, Ansible.
- Experience with application performance monitoring tools such as NewRelic.
- Experience running scripts and load tests.
- Experience with Lean and Agile Development Methodologies such as SCRUM, continuous integration, unit testing, pair programing, etc.